So when I said "I just have to..."(in the last sewing post at the bottom) I meant to say "I am going to throw a fit and yell and scream and say words that are appropriate around my kids and when they are not around try not to say bad words."
While piecing the bottom of the dress together, I didn't have much trouble until I had to sew in the godets. Which I don't think they should be called godets, they should be called [insert a bad word of choice]. Honestly I don't even know what a godet is, and I really don't care to know either. Sewing them on was not the rough part, it's the trying to line them up with another seam so the seam lines match. AAAHHH! The godet piece is pictured above. You sew two of them together and then sew them to the skirt and there are four spots for the godets to go. Maybe to give it flare! I hate godets!!!! I had to unpick a few times, and unpicking is horrible, I hate it!
Oh then the fun doesn't stop there. I hate godets, but I loath the stupid bodice the seemed to not match up with the skirt. And then to make it even more enjoyable, I kept sewing the bodice into the stitching and I had to unpick almost a billion times. And then the bodice comes to a point in the front. And that small 2 inch section (pictured above, with enough thread to withstand the hardest pulling- believe me!) took me about 3 hours to sew. 3 FLIPPING HOURS, and that doesn't count the hours I spent on it the night before. The night before was horrible!! Attaching the bodice to the skirt turned out to be a nightmare. I threw the dress down and went to bed. I wanted to burn the dress right there. I hated it!
I woke up and decided to try it again! I tried different ways to sew it together. I finally got it worked down to a small 2 inches (right at the point). And that is where the three hours started. I hate the point of the dress! It turned out good, but I still hated it. Here is a picture of the dress without the zipper:
So I was worried about the zipper since my luck changed to bad. But I went forward! And I really had no trouble with the zipper. I even had to change thread colors to match the material in the middle. And you should see the material I had to move around while I was sewing the zipper (in both pictures below).
All I had left was to do a few snaps on the peplum (which is what is between the bodice (dark pink) and the skirt (med pink). And a few hook and eyes on the collar! Those went on quick. And i am officially finished. I am FINISHED! I am so glad!
I am not going to post the finished product until I post my Halloween pictures! But the one above should give you an idea. Now I have to finish Livie's Lion costume, I am adding new ribbon to the lion's mane. Looks good, so far!!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!!!! Pictures soon to come!