Sunday, August 9, 2009

I'M 29 YEARS OLD!!!

August 9th at 2 AM, I was born into this world. And now 29 years later, I am sitting here and amazed that I made it this far. I am no young whipper-snapper, but I feel like there is some life still inside me. Since this year will be the eve of my 20s and I am going to embark soon into my 30s. I want to make this year count.

I have just started running again! I haven't ran since I got pregnant with Maddie, and that was almost 5 years ago. I was thinking about running again, but trying to find the time was hard. With David in school and working, I had to wake up early and only on select days. I am not the type to take my kids along with me, so that is not feasible. I finally did start, but it was after I drove for my team at the Wasatch Back Relay. I had fun driving and being up all night, but I really wanted to run the relay (I hope I can next year!). So now I have been running for a month now. My body is slowly not revolting anymore, and I am up to 12 minutes of straight running (yeah!!! go me!!!). I still have a long way to go!

I read an article in the Standard, coincidentally it was written by Steph, about what other people are doing to mark their 30th, 40th, and so on birthdays. And since next year I am going to be thirty. I got an idea!!!

My birthday present to myself next year, I want to run the Wasatch Back Relay (that is if I can be on the team) and be in shape. This makes me feel better about my 30th birthday, I am not dreading it anymore.

Here's to a great year!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Embrace 30's...it's gonna be fun!!!

DaNette said...

What a good idea. You go.

Melanie said...

Can you believe how fast it goes? 30 really is right around the corner. Hope you had a great b-day....I hope I can catch some of your enthusiasm for getting in shape....that is really what I need.