Monday, May 19, 2008

Mine and Maddie's first 5k

So, we put a team together to run in the Race for the cure 5k. I didn't think much of it. Come on, after all, it's only 3.1 miles! Who can't do that?!? I set about diligently training. First, you have to train mentally. You don't want to go in to this kind of thing doubting yourself! Once that was done, I.....well, that was really about it. I don't really have a lot of time to run, so it was pretty much cold turkey. It wasn't too bad, but I thought my ankles were going to fall off the next morning. That probably would've been okay, because my quads and hammies were right there with the ankles. I was all but calling the insurance company to see if I could approved for a jazzy! Maddie thought it was cake. She really didn't even break a sweat. Fat kid, on he other hand, was dead!!

Me and Mads

Evonne gettin' pumped!

Landon looking Rico Suave

Tammy lookin' great

At the two-mile mark!

No comments: